Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Toddler Bed Set

My little one has loved snuggling up to sleep in a sleeping bag since he was tiny but he's getting too big now - even though the label says it suits up to three years and he's only recently turned two!

So, time for a big boy bed and a duvet and why not throw in a pillow too!



I haven't even really looked around at duvet covers in the shops yet, I just fancied making my own. 



So I gathered up lots of scraps and bits I had lying around - mostly in my favourite spotty prints and colours.  

I knew I wanted splashes of colour but the cover to be predominantly white.  

I took some measurements and then made a rough pattern for the coloured strips and then tore up some more white strips from a supermarket sheet....then started stitching it all together, topstitching each panel to secure in place.

Once all the pieces were stitched together I cut out a backing piece from the white sheet and attached that too.  I put three little bits of Velcro along the bottom to close the cover up.

Then I used more of the white sheet to make a pillow case and trimmed it in co-ordinating colours.

He LOVES it and I'm quite pleased too!










No comments:

Post a Comment