So, time for a big boy bed and a duvet and why not throw in a pillow too!
I haven't even really looked around at duvet covers in the shops yet, I just fancied making my own.
So I gathered up lots of scraps and bits I had lying around - mostly in my favourite spotty prints and colours.
I knew I wanted splashes of colour but the cover to be predominantly white.
I took some measurements and then made a rough pattern for the coloured strips and then tore up some more white strips from a supermarket sheet....then started stitching it all together, topstitching each panel to secure in place.
Once all the pieces were stitched together I cut out a backing piece from the white sheet and attached that too. I put three little bits of Velcro along the bottom to close the cover up.
Then I used more of the white sheet to make a pillow case and trimmed it in co-ordinating colours.
He LOVES it and I'm quite pleased too!