Sunday, 12 October 2014

Pumpkin Finger Puppets

Firstly thank you to Twodaloo for this idea that I found on Pinterest, or maybe it was Facebook, but wherever I came across it, I've been meaning to make these little cuties since last Halloween so when my little one came home from playgroup with the 5 Little Pumpkins rhyme I was determined to make them this year!  




Here's the rhyme....


Five little pumpkins, sitting on a gate.
The first one said, “oh my it’s getting late.”
The second one said, “there are witches in the air!”
The third one said, “but we don’t care.”
The fourth one said, “let’s run and run and run.”
The fifth one said, “we’re ready for some fun.”
Ooooh went the wind and out went the light.
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!

Here's the link to Twodaloo on how to make them......  Felt Pumpkin Finger Puppets

I used Twodaloo's idea to make my own puppets but stitched them by hand instead of machine because sometimes it's just nice to do a little hand sewing in front of the TV at night.

If you want to make them, you'll need black, orange and a little green felt and I added the gate with some white felt.



Although they are actually finger puppets and can be used as such, I set them up on our felt board and created a little Autumn scene too - just to add to the creative fun.  

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment