Sunday, 26 October 2014

Teddy or Dolly Nappies

My little one is a typical boy - into cars and football and even though I offer lots of different learning and play opportunities, these are definite favourites that he goes back to time and time again.

He also loves his soft toys and is just getting to the stage of role playing and showing teddy and monkey what's going on around him as well as making them talk and wave.



A while ago I posted a Bed for Ted which was pink and lovely and went to a cousin's little one for Christmas, so I've done the same again for Ted but it's neutral this time and not so girly.....I'll post it soon!

To go along with Ted's new bed covers I've made him a couple of nappies - it could be the start of a whole new dressing up wardrobe!

I made my own pattern template (there are some available online too) and used bright cotton fabrics with white toweling and they fasten with a little Velcro.  

You can honestly make them in minutes and they are such fun! 

The paper pattern I made was made to fit Teddy so you will need to adjust the size to suit your dolly or teddy.

Here is a quick how-to guide if you want to make your own......



Stitch the pieces together,
leaving a gap big enough
to turn it all back through.






Turn through and press








Cut 1 piece of fabric on the fold and 1 piece of toweling on the fold.



Trim the edges and corners and then turn through.

Press with an iron and then stitch on the Velcro fastenings.

Hand stitch the opening closed.


Stitch on the Velcro
Fasten up!  The completed nappy.  
Make in different fabrics




Teddy in his comfy nappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment