Thursday, 12 February 2015

Valentine's Sensory Bins and Coloured Rice

I've been meaning to try making coloured rice for soooooo long but all the instructions I found involved using alcohol and what seemed like rather complicated and laborious lists of things to do.


And then I found a super simple one.

Basically, you just put the rice in a box with a lid, sprinkle on some food colouring and give it a good shake and then lay it out on a baking tray to dry.  It really was that easy!

Since we're close to Valentine's Day I made up a red and pink sensory bin with all things hearty and lovely.

It's definitely something I'll do again in different colours as all that pouring and filling was great fun.




....and here's another basket idea for babies, full of red things to look at and investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment