Friday, 3 January 2014

House Cushion

Here's the cushion I made for my niece for Christmas......



I had been planning to make her a cushion for her room for a while but fancied doing something different from a simple patchwork design, so I came up with this idea after making the little Higglety Pigglety Houses a few weeks back (which I knew she liked).
This one is obviously on a much larger scale and had a strict colour palette to match her room - blue and purple.


Ok, so you can't buy house shaped inner cushions...I don't think?? So here's a quick guide as to how I did it.

I drew a paper pattern the size of the cushion (35x35cm) and added a triangular roof shape on the top side.  Then I added a 1cm seam allowance all the way around.  I cut the house shape out using plain white cotton.  Fill it using the original cushion pad and toy stuffing to fill the roof space. 

Then just carry on with the outer design.

It turned out well and she seemed delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment