Sunday, 12 January 2014

Mini Quiches

I've been making these for a while now and putting them in the freezer as a great emergency dinner for little one. 

A friend originally told me a rough recipe and every time I make them, they're different but super tasty. 

The truth is that you can just add in whatever you like with the egg and they are great for hiding lots of veggies in too!

I'll give you a rough recipe for the ones I made today...I never really measure anything when I cook, I just chuck it in and hope for the best!

To make these mini quiches I used:

leek - about a quarter of a leek chopped finely
red pepper - about a quarter, diced
sweetcorn - a dessert spoon
peas - a dessert spoon
spinach - a few leaves, chopped
basil - a few leaves, chopped
some chopped ham
some grated parmesan cheese
about 3 eggs
a large splash of milk
a little butter


First I fried the leek and red pepper in the butter, then added the peas and sweetcorn for another couple of minutes.



Add the chopped spinach to the pan and let it wilt.





In a jug grate the parmesan, add the chopped ham and crack in the 3 eggs and a splash of milk, then throw in the chopped basil.

Add the veggies to the egg mix.









Stir it all up and put into muffin cases or a tray.






Bake at about 180 for approx 20-25mins or until golden on top.


Enjoy!  


2 comments:

  1. so going to give these a go! my mother in law made mini bacon and egg pies yesterday very similar to these and 2 out of 3 kids loved them so that's a coincidence you posted these as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out of 3 aint bad! Hope they like these ones too then. :-) x

    ReplyDelete